Since finishing this course, the institution has changed its name. It is currently called the University of South Wales. It is now located in three different campuses, Pontypridd, Cardiff and Newport. There has also been an overhaul of the courses available, with some being amalgamated into one another.
I studied here from September 1999 until June 2004. Along with the standard three years of taught programmes, it also provided the opportunity to study abroad with a partner university.
Some of the skills that I learned here included:
- Conducting research across a range of source material for assignments.
- Working with students from other countries and backgrounds for group work.
- Giving presentations to peers and colleagues.
- Using packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Meeting set deadlines.
- Analysing theories on market trends.